Monday, November 22, 2010

Hidden in the Hills Open Studio Tour 2010


The first of the two weekends of this year's Hidden in the Hills is in the books. I am so very happy in my new location. Last year I was at a studio where my location was on the back patio of the host artist. My host was wonderful and I had a great time with my fellow artists.....but I was outdoors. I took my art down each night and worried about the weather each day of the event. Two of the days we had rain at the end of the day as I was taking down my work and trying to get it into my car unscathed. When my friend, Toni, called to invite me to exhibit at her home/studio with an indoor location this year I couldn't say no. I miss my former studio mates.....but I am so-o-o-o happy in my new location! I am once again working with a great group of artists (actually not sure I ever met an artist I didn't like :-)). However, the bonus is setting up my booth and being able to leave it fully set up for the full two weekends of the event. At the end of each day we shut the garage door and my art is safe and sound from weather and any other risks! This was really brought home to me yesterday as it rained most of the day with some wind to factor in as well. I would have been in deep trouble on the patio in my former location. In my new location I was safe and dry.....albeit a little chilly as the storm front brought colder temperatures. Here is a picture of my booth. We had great traffic this weekend despite the weather on Sunday and I am looking forward to next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment