Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Days!


I have been very frustrated in the last few weeks that my schedule has kept me from focused time at the easel. All the activities I have been consumed with have been great experiences that I very much wanted to engage in.....but I have missed painting. I participated in an art festival in very cold and rainy weather....but I still enjoyed talking about my art with the hearty souls that braved the elements. I also coordinated a week long workshop for the Arizona Pastel Artists Association with Richard McKinley. I have worked with Richard for a few years now but each workshop is a great learning experience. This one was no exception. I have also been preparing for a workshop I am teaching this next week. All of this will be culminated with two art festivals the next two weekends. All of it great......but it is not the same as being able to spend time at the easel.....and I can't wait to get back to my painting. So in the midst of all this hectic activity I received a letter in the mail today that put a big smile back on my face! My piece, "Radishes" was juried into the Pastel Society of the West Coast's Pastels USA International Pastel Show. I am thrilled as I am working towards signature status in this very prestigious pastel society. One becomes signature by being juried into three Pastels USA shows. I now have two of the three as this is the second year in a row that I have been juried into the show. With this great news I can relax and enjoy the next few weeks of non-easel based activities. Life is good!!

1 comment:

  1. Your photographs are actually satisfying.You should just need sometime to rest because of a lot appointments. I can suggest to you for printing photos, which EPSON Premium Photo Paper products a great help for business.You might need it now!
    EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper

    ReplyDelete